Looking for a good opportunity to learn, play, and grow over the summer? Look at the range of summer programs happening all over the country and the world! There are classes, internships, study abroad programs and more. Below are some popular programs in the region:
Here are some other great programs in the area:
Other Summer Programs and Internship Opportunities
Summer Program Search Engines / Lists of Various Programs:
Some Other Great Opportunities (Various Locations):
Local CTE Internships:
Don't forget about local internship opportunities! Ask your CTE teacher or contact the TCR Career Development Coordinator, Mr. Haake, at email@example.com for more information about this option.
North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics
- A great option for students who are independent, self-motivated, and focused on STEM fields!
- Here is a map of recruitment events across the state - there are several in Buncombe County: https://uniapp.ncssm.edu/admissions/recruitment/map.php
- NCSSM will have Open Houses on 11/09/19 and 12/07/19.
- Interested 10th grade students should arrange to take the SAT by December 7, 2019 or the ACT by February 8, 2020.
- The application will open October 15th, 2019 and must be submitted by January 15th, 2020.
- See the admissions page for more info: https://www.ncssm.edu/residential-admissions
North Carolina Governor's School
The 2018-2019 NC Governor's School Timeline and Requirements, Student Application and Recommendation Form are linked below. Please note that the application should be typed and then printed. Handwritten applications will NOT be accepted. Additional Information can be found at ncgovschool.org ; see Ms. McCarthy-James with questions.
There will be a mandatory meeting on Thursday, October 4th for students who are interested in attending Governor’s School this summer. The meeting will be at 12:40 in the Counseling classroom – please come to counseling to pick up a pass to attend. To qualify for Governor’s School, students must be in 11th grade; except for 10th grade students interested in attending in the dance, choral music or instrumental music areas. If you have any questions about Governor’s School, please speak with Mrs. McCarthy-James in the counseling office.
There will also be an optional district-wide information session about Governor’s School at Reynolds High School on October 2nd at 6pm for interested students.